Inspired by Patrick Collison’s bookshelf, this is a list of books and readings that I’ve really enjoyed or have really influenced the way I think.
This isn’t an exhaustive list and I’ll continue to update it as I read more. I’ve written short blurbs about some, which you can read by hovering over the titles.
- The Idea Factory – Jon Gertner
- The Dream Machine – M. Mitchell Waldrop
- Zero to One – Peter Thiel
- An Elegant Puzzle – Will Larson
- Pmarca Guide to Personal Productivity – Marc Andreessen
- 68 Bits of Unsolicited Advice – Kevin Kelly
- You and Your Research – Richard Hamming
Papers & Tech Talks
- How We’ve Scaled Dropbox (2012) – Kevin Modzelewski
- Effective ML – Yaron Minksy
- Google File System (2003) – Ghemawat et al.
- Effective Java – Josh Bloch
- Software Engineering at Google – Hyrum Wright, Titus Winters, and Tom Manshreck
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications – Martin Kleppmann