Inspired by Patrick Collison’s bookshelf, this is a list of books and readings that I’ve really enjoyed or have really influenced the way I think.
This isn’t an exhaustive list and I’ll continue to update it as I read more.
- Pmarca Guide to Personal Productivity – Marc Andreessen
- You and Your Research – Richard Hamming
- As We May Think – Vannevar Bush
- Effective Java – Josh Bloch
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications – Martin Kleppmann
- Database Internals – Alex Petrov
- Monodraw – an amazing ASCII art editor for Mac. It’s a joy to use and can produce some great looking diagrams.